For those that been on Club trips for the past year or so, are probably aware of these rules already. And please watch the Club News as I expect things to change over the Summer. Because crowding into a small vehicle raises the chance of spreading the coronavirus, the PSC leadership advises caution, and trip leaders will not arrange the car shift. So you are on your own for transportation before and after a trip down river. Sue Allman, an experienced trip leader and now a veteran of this current situation, shares the following advice:
- Car shift with a friend whose hygienic habits are known and acceptable to you.
- Have a friend or family member who is an acceptable ride partner follow you in their car to the put-in, or meet you at the take-out, where you leave your car. They bring you back to the put-in, then they can go home.
- Check the list of people signed up for the trip; someone on the list may be an acceptable ride sharer. Note that you must be fully logged in to the web site for this purpose. On the event page click on “registrants” on the left. This will show everyone signed up for the trip. When you click on a name that member’s profile appears. You can call or click on the button to directly “send message” to the member.
- Arrange an Uber.
- Ride your bike. (It’s been done!)
We wear our face mask at all times on shore, but not while on the water.
- The start times listed are “launch times,” not shuttle times, so plan to be ready to shove off at the designated time.
- As always, register on-line for the trip, do not just show up.
- Contact the trip leader with questions.