The PSC Board has created COVID-19 Guidelines for Events. You will need to confirm your agreement in order to register.
Date(s): August 13, 2020
Leader: Bill Kessler
Location: Skokie Lagoons
Skill Level: Beginner
Details: An evening of messing around on the lagoon, practice some paddle strokes, play some skill-building games. Any kind of paddle-powered craft is welcome. We will meet at 5:30 PM at the boat rental shed on Tower Road (about 100 yards east of the regular boat launch area). Bring a change of clothes but leave it in your car. Wear your face mask off the water and be very careful about personal contact and when helping your colleagues with boats and equipment. Arriving late is OK. We’ll be done by sundown or whenever you need to leave.
● PSC always takes appropriate precautions for your safety. PSC cannot guarantee the elimination of risk of contracting or being exposed to Coronavirus. You are joining this event at your own risk
● When attending a PSC event, you are expected to bring with you a signed copy of the Prairie State Canoeists Combined Waiver/Release of Liability; it must be dated with the date of the event. Participants without this document will not be permitted to participate in the event
● Participants must make their own decisions about joining events involving a car shift/shuttle. Participants will be responsible for making their own arrangements for car shifts/shuttles. PSC event leaders will not arrange car shifts/shuttles for events at this time.
● A face covering must be worn any time you are not able to maintain 6 feet of distance from others
● Participants must bring their own supplies to maintain proper hygiene, including hand sanitizer with a minimum 60% alcohol content and a face covering
● Group members are not to share or touch each other’s equipment, with exception of bow and stern toggles/handles to assist with launching, landing and loading boats (excluding members of the same family)
● Restroom facilities may not be available during the event. Please use the restroom prior to arriving at the event and bring any personal supplies needed during the event
● When considering joining an event, please consider your personal skills relative to the event. For the courtesy and safety of all parties, please select only events well below your personal skill level
● Crowded landings because of other groups is an ever-present risk. Please be aware that this may occur at any time and PSC cannot control the actions or safety considerations of those other groups. Please act responsibly to avoid crowds at landings