For the foreseeable future, PSC will not be awarding points for event participation. We understand that some members will be joining events and others will choose not to join out of concern/priority for their safety and that of others; suspending point awards provides equal recognition to the choices made by members. We will continue to track event participation.
You can see the list of Events recorded so far in the Tally in the PSC Events Tally file.
You can see the list of members and the points they have earned so far during the season in the PSC Member Tally file.
The PSC Tally was created by the original members and leaders. It serves many purposes...
- It helps track the activity of the club from year to year with details such as...who, what, where and when
- It helps provide a way to recognize the individuals who
- contribute and support (lead/facilitate) club activities
- support and promote the club values/focus
- encourage member participation
- attend events
- It uses a points system that puts emphasis on the club values and purpose by awarding a higher level of points for activities that promote environmental awareness and paddling skills - Clean Ups and Instruction - as shown in the table below